Advice on browsing safely
Beware of fraudulent and intrusive emails whose purpose is to attract users to a fake site (e-banking, e-shopping sites, or Webmail services).
They look like normal emails with the colors and logos of known brands, and they invite you to give personal information, such as your banking IDs.
If you receive an email from Monaco Telecom with an address other than http://www.monaco.mc or https://mymt.monaco.mc, this is a phishing mail.
Never communicate your personal data by email, fax or SMS, or any other way.
Secure your computer and your passwords.
Use a different password for each of your accounts.
• Change your passwords regularly.
• Create a password that is difficult to guess.
Choose a unique combination of letters, digits and symbols, which has no connection with your private life.
Requirements for your MyMT and Webmail passwords:
• At least 8 different characters
• At least one lower case, one upper case, and one digit
• We recommend special characters such as: [@.,:;!?&+-*/]
• Do not repeat three consecutive characters (lower cases and upper cases are considered different).
Some hacking techniques use security breaches of Internet browsers which have not been updated. Make sure you use an anti-virus. And repeat these security measures on a monthly basis.
Return to the previous page